After you have successfully installed elegant calendar and activated elegant calendar, please follow the steps below to add elegant calendar to your site.
Step 1: Create events for calendar
First you need to add events to your calendar, after you install and activate elegant calendar you should see Events menu on left side panel on wp-admin where you can add events.
Step 2: Add calendar to pages using shortcode
Adding the calendar using shortcode method is easiest way. Follow the below steps to add elegant calendar to your site using shortcode method.
- Go to Pages> All Pages and click on the page you want to add Elegant Calendar
- Right next to Add Media button above WYSIWYG editor you will see Add Elegant Calendar button (shown above) Click this button to open shortcode generator.
- From the pop-up easy shortcode options box select the type of calendar you want to add to your website. Depending on the type of the type of calendar you choose you will be moved to a different screen to choose more options.
- Once complete click [ ] button on the bottom right corner of shortcode generator popup box.
- You should now see a shortcode appear inside the WYSIWYG editor.